Thursday, February 24, 2011

My v-day miracle

My Valentine's Day was lovely for some unconventional reasons this year! (and some conventional ones as well)

I worked the night before, drove home V-day morning in a daze, and then crawled into bed. I of course grabbed my computer to check my email before falling to sleep. I hardly ever get any emails anymore but I still check it regularly and refresh the screen thinking surely someone has something exciting to tell me via email.

Well, that morning I actually did get something exciting-- an acceptance letter to
BYU's Family Nurse Practitioner program!

(This is just a random pic from nursing school but I'm in nursing get-up and I'm excited)

This has been a dream of mine for a LONG time. I couldn't believe it.

After all the grade stress, GRE studying, letters of rec, and interviews it was such a relief to read that letter. A big shout out to all the fam/friends who went through piles of flashcards with me during nursing school, proofread my statement of intent and other papers, gave me tons of pep talks, etc. It's been a long road, but I feel super blessed. I did not at all expect to get in.

So I start school at the end of April. I can't wait to be a true BYU Cougar again. I'm wondering if I'll get a sweet grad student parking pass?? I also can't wait to be on campus all the time with Justin, Bash, and maybe even lil Brookie come fall! Justin and I will graduate at the same time so it's pretty perfect. I already registered for my spring term classes. Never thought I'd be that pumped about getting on Route Y.

That was my v-day miracle. It was lovely. The rest of the day was great too- sleeping for hours, chocolate covered strawberries and sugar cookies from Justin (I am my mother's daughter), dinner with our fav third wheel, and then a night shift spent making Toy Story valentine's for my cute patients! A lovely day indeed.

6 comments:

hayley.jay said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! that is so exciting! congrats, you def deserve it :)
p.s. i get excited over enrolling for classes too.

Annalise said...

Good for you Allie! I am so excited for you!
xoxo

Al and Ash said...

Allie, That is AWESOME!!! It is such a competitive program, that is a huge accomplishment. I used to laugh when friends of mine in the nursing program would congratulate me on getting into dental school. There is NO way I could have gotten into the BYU nursing school. In my mind that is way more difficult and you even one up-ed that. That is fantastic! Maybe when you're done you'll get a job in Seattle....cross our fingers!

Jane Leavy said...

Congratulations, Allie!! I knew you'd get in! You're going to be an awesome nurse practitioner!

Allie said...

Thanks so much guys! Ash you're crazy- getting into dental school (especially at a good school like UW) is way harder! Thanks though for being so excited for me. Kels- we are definitely on the same plan! We should go to lunch for sure. I'm so excited to be a grad student just like you!

Matt & Mykel said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! I'm SO so excited for you. You totally deserve it girl. So jealous that you can cross over into the grad lounge...just remember to close the door so not disturb all the hard working undergrads :) te he! Here's to the lounge!