Thursday, October 6, 2011

Goodbye to Primary Children's

At the end of August I said a bittersweet goodbye to Primary Children's. It is a really special hospital and I absolutely loved my time there. However, I didn't love the time I spent commuting. So when I was offered a job at American Fork Hospital's pediatrics unit I jumped at the chance to end my commuting days.
Another kicker in the decision was that the American Fork job is only DAYS! I think Justin was even happier than me when he heard this. I am not my best self after night shifts... I'm not even my okay self. I'm probably my worst self.
So as I was coming home from my last night shift (possibly ever?!) and last shift commuting to Primary Children's, I was welcomed by this lovely surprise! Justin and Bashley had planned a celebratory breakfast!


Tender, right?
Deco's courtesy of Bash


OMG it's a surprise!




awkward wave



tired Allie and pretty Bash
(also check out how matchy her shoes are with my scrubs!!)



Yummy breakfast made by my own personal chef/post-nightshift therapist/best hubby ever

It's been about a month now and I am so happy. I miss my patients at Primary Children's dearly but my sanity is worth it.

**Also side story. You may be wondering why I am wearing surgical scrubs. Well, at the beginning of my shift I was helping a mom with an IV pump, when my favorite little patient decided to throw up all over my scrubs. I wasn't too bothered because she is my favorite but the sensation of warm vomit seaping through your clothes to your skin is a bit uncomfortable. Luckily, the guys down in materials were kind enough to send me a pair of surgical scrubs to make it through the night :)

No comments: