Sunday, December 12, 2010

First ski day!

For my family, don't be jealous of this post. Justin and I headed out Saturday for our first ski day at the new and improved Canyons! After a few wardrobe malfunctions on my part (as in I forgot that my entire ski outfit and gear were locked up at a storage unit), we finally got going. A big shout out goes out to my mom and dad for taking my early morning phone call and Justin Larkin for still being nice to me when I do really stupid stuff. Also, a big thanks to Sonya who unknowingly let me borrow a bunch of her ski stuff! Hope that's okay girl!

Canyons changed a bunch this summer. The start of the gondola was moved closer to our condo (yay!) and they put in a heated orange "bubble" chairlift. We tried both. They also took off the "the" from their name (seems pretty insignificant to me...) and made a new logo. Look how pretty!
Here's the new start of the gondola.



Justin skiing powder on "The Pines". Can't wait to ski it with you mom!

After a few runs we headed back down to try the orange "bubble" lift. We heard one local calling it the chondola- chair/gondola. That's a pretty good name for it. It has heated seats and an orange cover to protect you from the wind. It was so warm. I think it'll be mom's new fav.
Crazy orange-ness from the cover:

It was a fun first day of the season. I can't wait for all the fam to get here and ski with us!

2 comments:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

Allie~don't worry...dad and I weren't irritated at all with your phone calls, not until dad heard about "what an amazing ski day" it was and how "incredible the snow" was...then he was not only irritated but yes, he was totally jealous! Can't wait to ski with you!

hayley.jay said...

i'm jealous of the powder, but mostly of people who know how to ski! also, i like the warm chondola, but wasn't it super cold then when you got off of the lift?!