Sunday, September 16, 2012

Back to school update




Justin was a good sport this year and took back to school pictures with me! Didn't they turn out cute? Photo cred Bashley Holt. My favorite part is that we took them right outside the SWKT, which is where we spend most/all of our time on campus. (all for me!) I have my classes and nursing student lounge on the 4th floor and J works on the 10th floor. I ride the elevator a lot between those floors. :) I take it for granted that we have work/class so close. If we get a ten minute break during class, I jump on the elevator to say hi real quick! 

We started school a few weeks ago and I was surprised by how happy I was to back! After being at the College of Nursing for 5 of the last 6 years, I have so many friends and professors I love to run into. Our nurse practitioner class is also super small (only 13 people) so it was fun to catch up with everyone after the summer. I keep saying I'm excited to move in a year and have a new adventure, but I know I will miss BYU and all my pals. 



Justin's fall has been busy so far with medical school interviews. I snapped this cute photo as I dropped him off at the Provo airport for his first interview. He has really made the most of his trips seeing a lot of new places like Texas, Minnesota, and upstate New York. He even got to go to Palmyra, NY, where Joseph Smith restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has loved his trips and all the schools he has interviewed at so far. We don't start hearing about acceptances for at least another month so we're crossing our fingers.

I have been busy with my "thesis" paper preparing abstracts for some conferences coming up. I am researching the effect vitamin D has on infants and children with respiratory infections. I'm not really doing original research (thank goodness!) but doing a review of about 20 articles on the subject. It has been interesting especially after taking care of so many little patients with RSV and pneumonia. I'll be really relieved when my manuscript is submitted to a journal though. :) My mentor just told me we're going to submit an abstract to a conference at Disneyland so that is some motivation! 

We feel super blessed right now. It's so fun figuring out where we'll call "home" for the next four years. In honor of our Provo years, here's our back to school photo from our 1st year together at BYU back in 2007 and our last! 
Tender times.


2 comments:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

Ahhhhhhh! I love that 1st picture of you guys on Justin's first day of school at BYU! You guys look so young! Your life is so exciting and we are thrilled to hear about all of Justin's interviews!! We can't wait to find out where you will spend the next 4 years!! Love you both!

Ashley said...

That picture is SO FUNNY.