Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NYC Day 1

Hey everyone! I had an awesome time today interviewing at Cornell. The weather was a bit crazy but the school and my interviews were great (I hope :) ). I interviewed with a doctor who recently had a major stroke and who had quite a difficult time speaking. I was pretty humbled to know though that he delivered this year's White Coat Ceremony keynote only months after his stroke. Pretty amazing. My second interview was with a 4th year student. Overall, I feel like they both went very well and I definitely would love being here. Cornell, unlike the undergrad institution , is in Manhattan on the upper east side in a beautiful part of town. Beyond that they are affiliated with some incredible hospitals like New York Presbyterian, Hospital for Special Surgery (top orthopedics hospital in the country), Sloan-Kettering (one of the top cancer hospitals), and many more. After my interview I met up with Kimber and we went to see NYC. We celebrated National Cheeseburger Day by hitting up this locals-only style burger joint hidden behind this curtain in this super nice hotel. Random, I know. So good though. On our way home we got caught in a thunderstorm that had NYC under several severe weather and tornado warnings. The streets had literally turned into rivers. We made it though :) Onto Connecticut for the day tomorrow! Here are some pics!



















1 comment:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

Thanks for blogging about your trips to interview at all the medical schools! I love hearing about it!! Kimber is so excited to have you visiting her! Have fun!