Sunday, September 2, 2012

Roadtrip to Cali

With school starting I was thinking about how incredibly fun our summer was. I'm feeling super nostalgic for summer so I thought I'd get organized and post some pics. And by some I mean a LOT.



After getting back from Mozambique, we realized Justin didn't have school on the 4th of July and that both our families were having reunions in southern California. Last minute, we decided to do a 72 hour trip-- drive to Cali, see both of our families, and drive back to Utah. It was worth every minute on the road! 




Love this girl. 




J and Savvy

Of course we stopped by The Spot for burgers on our way out of Santa Barbara

Besides seeing both of our families, we also got to see one of our best friends, Kyle, who started med school at UC Irvine! We stopped on our way from one family reunion to the other. Kyle volunteered with us every week at a free clinic in Provo. We miss him tons!

When we got to Carlsbad, I got to meet Baby C! I am so happy for Kimber and seriously can't wait to be Aunt Allie :)
Holt fam 4th of July style (at least there's a valid excuse for coordinating this day)
 


The next morning we ate lunch with the fam (Mexican food!) before starting out on our drive back to Utah. 



In true Holt style we all inadvertently coordinated the next day at lunch :)

And driving back to our real home...

The driving was long but so worth it. We got to see so much of both sides of our families :)

2 comments:

hayley said...

I love all of your coordinating Holt outfits-it's a tradition you must keep forever! And Kimber might have the cutest baby belly on the block. When is she due?

Kiss, kiss, love ya! ;)

Allie said...

Thanks for reading!! She's due in November. I can't wait! Only thing is she's too far away in NYC but I'll just have to visit all the time. :)