Thursday, September 20, 2012

Trip to Yale and NYU!

I got up bright and early (yeah like at 4am) to train from NYC to New Haven, CT for my interview at Yale School of Medicine. It was a cool experience to be on such a historic campus--both the undergrad and med school. From the moment I walked in, I felt like they knew me. It was obvious that they had spent a lot of time reviewing our applications. Some of the highlights of the day were seeing a century old surgical training amphitheater and old campus. I really liked the feel of the program and would be so privileged if I got in there. Last night we headed down to Little Italy and had an awesome dinner at a place called Angelo's. Definitely recommend it. We finished off with some authentic Cannolis and a stroll past the new Freedom Tower which is lit up right now for Sept 11th.

Today I headed nearby to NYU for my last interview in NYC. I was impressed with the school and loved the clinical opportunities that are available there. They have an affiliated private hospital which is one of the top in the country, the historic Bellevue hospital, and a VA hospital. Pretty cool. Kimber and I headed after my interview to the Metropolitan Museum. We only had an hour, before it closed but I could have spent a week there. It's amazing how much amazing artifacts under one roof. As I headed home, I stopped at the 9/11 Memorial. What a humbling and special experience. Tomorrow I'm off to Baltimore/DC!

Here are some pics!













No comments: