Monday, September 10, 2012

Home again

In July we got to go back to California but this time flying! We came home for the wedding of our bffs since high school, Jena and Miles. We were so excited for them and couldn't miss it. 


Mom was kind enough to pick us up late at night from the airport on her birthday! Because of a little confusion about terminals, Justin and I stood at the curb with our posters and birthday hats for about 10 minutes and got some looks. :) Then Mom and Dad showed up and we celebrated a little!

For Mom's birthday this year, I made a little grandma kit complete with ibuprofen and Diet Pepsi. The only thing I forgot was earplugs :) There were also some actually helpful things for having grandbabies around.

We traveled to the Bay Area and visited some dream med schools. We have no idea if J has a chance at the likes of UCSF or Stanford but we had fun checking them out. We even drove by the housing where Mom and Dad lived near UCSF when they were there years ago! We would love to have a chance to be back somewhere in northern California but we'll see...

And drove back to GB in time to make it out to Folsom Lake. It was a quick night-- we just ate our Beach Hut on the lake and started wakeboarding.


Lindsey joined us on the tube and Dad made sure it was a wild ride. I was seriously sore for a few days from holding on for so long. 



We really packed it in this trip-- the next morning we met up with Justin's dad, Dan, and Makayla for breakfast! It was so fun to see them even if it was quick.

Then the wedding festivities began! Friday night Justin had the rehearsal and then I met up with them for the rehearsal dinner. It was so cute to hear the toasts-- we were all so excited. Everyone loves Jena and Miles.

Some of my favorite girls
 







Justin with all of his football boys



We love both Jena and Miles so much! I was on cheer with Jena in high school and Justin played football with Miles since 6th grade. It was so fun to be there to celebrate with them. Miles is now starting on the Oakland Raiders! We're actually going to watch him play tonight on Monday Night Football. Cool, huh? We are so excited for him and Jena.



And to top it all off I got to see my favorite person and bff Anise!! It was only for a second but I was so happy. I love this girl. 

Going back to California reminds me how much I love it. We really grew up in such a beautiful place and so many of the people we love still live there. Maybe someday we'll make it back!

No comments: