Saturday, May 26, 2012

From MCAT to Mozambique

Here's a recap of the past few weeks via my iphone. 

I was welcomed home from Ecuador with a sweet surprise from Ashley and these two cuties on my doorstep! I love the zebra on the "L". :)

I made it back to the US just in time to be the supportive wife for Justin while he took the mcat. He doesn't find out his score for a while but we are just relieved it's over! 

For our post-mcat celebratory lunch, Justin picked to eat at Braza Express (a local Brazilian grill... not surprising). We had a can of Guarana to share. So good. 
The next day, we went over to Jana's for some Mother's Day festivities. Justin took a few well-deserved breaks to catch up on some zzz's.

 This week we got to go to Marissa's end of school performance. She sang in the choir and performed baton-twirling!  She has some serious skills and it was super fun to watch.

On Thursday, we got a quick visit from my mom! She took us out to breakfast at Kneader's and then I took her to the airport. It was Justin's first time eating Kneader's famous french toast and he loved it. Check that off our Provo bucket list! I loved catching up with my mom, even if it was only a few hours. 

Justin is now en route to Mozambique! We only had one minor crisis in the process of leaving: he forgot his computer charger. This might seem like a minor thing, except he has all of his files for finishing his medical school application on his computer. He called me in a panic and we tried to think of solutions... miss his flight and go get one, try to buy one on a layover in London (but wrong outlet!), etc. 

I was sitting at work but luckily had just sent all but one of my patients home so I jumped on the computer. It dawned on me that he had a quick layover in San Francisco. I googled the stores in the airport and started calling each of them. Two stores in a row said they had just sold out (seriously how many people forget their charger?!). I was about to give up but the third tech store I called saved the day. I put a charger on hold under his name just to be safe and he picked it up during his layover. 

Crisis avoided. I think I my losing/forgetting stuff has rubbed off on him in a bad way....

I am just holding down the fort and working some shifts at the hospital until I get to meet him there in two weeks. I convinced him to post every once in a while on here so I can see what he's up to!

1 comment:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

I LOVE your welcome home sign!! And I love that we got to spend some time together! Even if our visit was way too short! Miss you like crazy and wish that you were here with us!! Love you!