Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hola from Ecuador

So I made it! Desafortunadamente, my bag did not. NBD though- all my pals let me mooch off of them for the first few days. The students also politely ignored my smelliness. I think I wore that purple shirt below for 48 hours straight. Luckily, my bag arrived and my hygiene is back up to par. (TMI?...)


I need to catch up on posts but for now here's photo of my roomie, Casey, and I at the "Iguana Park". It's very appropriately named--the place is crawling with these guys. 



A fun fact is that Casey and I came to Ecuador together three years ago and now we're both back again as "mentors"/psuedo-instructors. I'm so glad we get to do this together and can share in the stress of actually having responsibility now. :) 

Tomorrow I'm giving a presentation on NICU care to a group of nurses at the pediatrics hospital-- wish me luck! 

2 comments:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

So cute!!! Glad your bag finally made it there! But seriously, doesn't it feel like you really accomplished something when your bag finally arrived. I mean, kind of thrilling and exhilarating to know that you can go a few days without your bag and not freak out or let it ruin your trip and still keep a smile on your face?!!!! At least, that is how I felt when my bag didn't arrive this fall in Texas until the last day of our trip!! I just wish I looked as cute as you do in your purple shirt:)!!! Love you!!

Kimber said...

ah how fun! hope you're having a spectacular time!!!