Monday, May 14, 2012

Peds, bomberos, and a health fair


Kenzie found a friend at the Peds hospital! This little baby girl was so scared of us at first, but she slowly warmed up to Kenzie. By the end, she was almost crying when we had to leave. 

Listening to this patient's itty-bitty lungs

This is my friend, Leticia. We communicated over email before I even got there, setting up presentations and clinicals. It was so fun to finally meet my pen pal. She was so kind and let us go all over the pediatrics hospital. 

I got to visit my friend, Michael, again! I brought him some colored pencils and a drawing book to help keep him occupied during his month-long stay. I was so sad to say goodbye to him. 

It was this cute little patient's birthday so we all sang and a volunteer brought a big cake!

Thumb wars

This is another favorite patient of mine. Wilson is 13 years old and so sweet. He loved just talking to the nursing students and walking around. He had just had open-heart surgery but he was still so happy. 




Bomberos


After clinical at the pediatric hospital, we all jumped in a van to go teach the firemen (bomberos)! Susie is our amazing trauma/ER nurse and taught them about mechanisms of injury and how to treat them. 

Our alert and happy bunch didn't last long..







Feria de Salud


At the health fair we put on, I was assign to the guaderia (nursery), which means I got to babysit all the ninos. Kinda crazy, kinda fun.





No comments: